Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Cheer Up, Arlen!


"Cheer up, Arlen. It's not as bad as all that."

"Are you kidding, Mister Vice-President? First, I break ranks and vote for that massive stimulus package. Then, I vote for a bloated $410 billion omnibus spending bill, the one with all the earmarks. Now Pat Toomey is going to challenge me for the Republican nomination. And even if I get the nomination, not even Pennsylvania will re-elect me next year."

"Arlen, stop worrying. We got you covered."

"Really? You mean the Obama administration has changed its mind on all this spending, and you guys won't go ahead double the national debt over the next 10 years after all?"

"You're a funny guy, Arlen. We had something else in mind."

"Like what?"

"We're going to move you to Connecticut, and you're going to run against Chris Dodd."