Monday, December 21, 2009

President Obama's Twelve Days of Christmas: Day Nine


"Ho! Ho! Ho! Against my better judgment, I'm going to ask you again: What would you like for Christmas, young man?"

"Well, Santa, I just read how Zhu Min, deputy governor of the People's Bank of China, said how the world just doesn't have enough money to keep buying U.S. Treasuries. That's really going to put a crimp in all this deficit spending I have planned to pay for all my awesome new government entitlement programs, like health reform. So if you could just give a whole bunch of money to the rest of the world, so that they can turn around and buy up our U.S. Treasuries to fund our awesome new deficits, that would make for a pretty awesome and fiscally heart-warming Christmas, don't you think?... Hey, Santa, where are you going?... Hey, Santa!... Santa, come back here!"