Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Iraq Speech in One Sentence


"My fellow American, because our brave soldiers shifted tactics to protect the Iraqi people, which had nothing to do with the 'surge' I will mention only in passing later in this speech, and because no one could doubt President Bush's support for our troops, or his love of country and commitment to our security, even though he had nothing to do with the previously mentioned shift in tactics and spent over a trillion dollars on wars, often financed by borrowing overseas, and because the great General David Petraeus, whose role in Iraq will pass by this evening with even less mention than the 'surge' that I will mention only in passing later in this speech, is now leading the fight to break the Taliban's momentum in Afghanistan, which is not the same thing as victory, which we also do not have in Iraq, even though I am withdrawing troops just as I promised during the campaign, so this withdrawal has nothing to do with the Status of Forces Agreement negotiated between and agreed-upon by President Bush and the Iraqi government, because of all these things and more, I call upon you, my fellow Americans, to thank our men and women in uniform by rallying behind even more deficit spending, financed by borrowing overseas, in the following areas of my domestic agenda..."