Thursday, December 16, 2010

Another Shameful Moment in the Sad Decline of the Sci-Fi Channel Syfy

The best show on television has just been cancelled:

Syfy will end its original action-adventure series Stargate Universe when the show returns with the final 10 episodes of its second season in the Spring of 2011.
Shame on you, Syfy. Shame.

At least we still have 10 episodes left. So raise a glass with me in soon-to-be memory of what's still the best show on television:


One of the problems with being a writer is that whenever I watch a film or a television episode, I almost always tend to rewrite it as I watch. I can't help myself. And Stargate Universe is (was) one of the few shows that ever pulled me in and engrossed me to the point where I rarely, if ever, did that. And never while I was actually watching it. The characters, the acting, the direction, the writing, the effects, everything just always came together and kept me hooked.

In a nutshell, Stargate Universe reminded me of what it was like to be an out-and-out fanboy again.

So shame on you, Syfy, with your pretentious, hipster-ish in a corporate focus group kind of way two letters "y" and your forgetfulness of the core audience that got you where you are. Shame. Good luck with your wrestling and that upcoming Marcel's Quantum Kitchen.

Imagine greater, you say? Imagine me not watching.

Shame!