Tuesday, January 25, 2011

It's Not Even a Choice Tonight

I have two options for how to spend this coming evening:

A) Watch President Obama's State of the Union address.

B) Go out for tasty BBQ with a friend from back east.

It's not even a choice at this point, because I think I could actually write the State of the Union speech myself. Highlights will include:

A) Calls to reduce spending, matched by calls to increase spending, or investment, or whatever the latest term is for money we don't have.

B) Calls for civility and bipartisanship, matched by sharp pokes in the eye to Republicans, conservatives, Tea Partiers, and generally everyone who disagrees with his policies.

C) A presidential shout-out to at least one good citizen, who will be sitting in the gallery next to the First Lady.

D) A rewriting of history. Again.

I'll see how close I was to the mark tomorrow night, when I sit down in front of the DVR with some leftover pulled pork.