Monday, October 29, 2012

A Married Conversation About Halloween Decorations and Mitt Romney

“Look at this. No one is decorating for Halloween this year.”

“There’s a Halloween house. With zombies.”

“And a Romney/Ryan sign.”

“I don’t think that’s part of the decorations.”

“I don’t know. That’s how elections work in this country, right? Make the other guy into some scary monster, so everyone is too afraid to vote for him?”

“I think it’s more like a choice between Rick and Shane, only once Rick gets elected, you know he’s going to turn into Shane anyway.”

“And the guy who loses never really goes away. He comes back and messes with you.”

“Are we talking about Jimmy Carter or Obama?”

“I’m not sure what we’re actually talking about at this point.”

“But Walking Dead is on tonight, isn’t it?”

“Absolutely. And I’m still voting for Shane.”