Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The Sound of Obama: "Spinnin' In The Rain"


[Spoken]

BARACK:
Goodnight, Michelle. See you tomorrow.

MICHELLE:
Goodnight, Barack. Take care of that throat. You have a lot of questions to answer now, remember? This rain of Washington scandals is a little heavier than usual.

BARACK:
Really? From where I stand the sun is shining all over the place.

[Singing]

BARACK:
Doo-dloo-doo-doo-doo
Doo-dloo-doo-doo-doo-doo
Doo-dloo-doo-doo-doo-doo
Doo-dloo-doo-doo-doo-doo...

Just spinnin' in the rain
What a glorious feelin'
Like campaignin' again
Those scandalous clouds
So dark all around
Jay Carney's in flames
But I'm spinnin' in the rain

Let Eric Holder chase
Reporters from the place
Come on with your rain
The IRS will give you some pain
Like I've done all these years
Just as Tea Party feared
I'm spinnin'
I'm spinnin'
In the rain

With talking points in place
'Cause the truth is my disgrace
Issa's in my face
And I'm happy again
Benghazi burned to the ground
With a U.S. ambassador down
Good luck gettin' the truth
'Cause I'm spinnin' in the rain

Your e-mails are all mine
Just lke your cell phone lines
Reporting's now a crime
And I'm happy again
So let the whistleblowers blow
'Cause if it's one thing I know
I'll keep spinnin'
Keep spinnin'
In the rain

THE AWAKENING MEDIA:
Mr. President! Mr. President! What did you know, and when did you know it?!

[Presidential tap dance of avoidance, with petulant, puddle-stomping outrage at the very question]

BARACK:
And I'm happy again!
'Cause I'm spinnin'
I'm spinnin'
In the rain...

Yes, I'm spinnin'
I'm spinnin'
In the rain...